Northwest Native American Basketweavers Association
23rd Annual NNABA Gathering of Basketweavers
Hosted by the puyallup Tribe of indians
at the emerald queen showroom
October 6, 7, and 8 2017
Friday, October 6:
Weavers Teaching Weavers and Youth Track
Saturday, October 7:
Weavers Teaching Weavers, Shopper's Day, and Annual Membership Meeting
Sunday, October 8:
Board of Directors’ Meeting
- Must be a member of NNABA to participate; annual membership fees are included with registration fees for gathering
- A separate registration must be completed and submitted for each participant
- Early registration discount expires for any registration and payment not received or postmarked prior to June 15, 17
- Individual fees increase from $80.00 to $100.00
- Elder fees increase from $30.00 to $50.00
- Any registration and/or payment not received by NNABA before Wednesday September 27, 2017 must be brought to the gathering to register/pay
To register by mail, print the form by clicking the link on the right. Mail the completed form and check for payment (payable to NNABA) to:
PO BOX 7185
Covington, WA 98042
Youth Track Registration
On Friday, October 6, 2017 the youth will meet in a designated room along with their teachers to learn a basket project or two. This program allows local youth, members' children, and any other interested youth to learn basketry and hopefully become our future Master Weavers.
There is no cost for Youth Track participants, but a submitted registration form is required for each youth in attendance. There are two session for Youth Track, please choose which session your youth will be participating in. Session 1 is from 9am to 11:30am and Session 2 will be from 1pm to 3:30pm. Youth Track kits will be provided free of charge on Friday, 10/6/17 If a Youth Track participant would like to participate on Saturday, October 7th also, registration fees are waived. However, weaving kits for Saturday are an additional cost to the weaver. Kit costs vary between projects, and are payable to the instructor.
Please plan on staying with any young children, as there will not be any extra personnel to help supervise and assist them. If your children are older, grade school aged and higher, please plan on having them attend. NNABA is currently seeking funding to support the Youth Track program to continue having no charges or fees for kits for the youth. Please visit our "DONATE" page at the top if you are able to help. NNABA is a 501c3 non-profit organization and donations to NNABA are tax deductible.
We look forward to having you! Please register for NNABA Youth Track by clicking the link below.